Reimbursement is available for training assistance to support your business in the hospitality industry.
The New Mexico Departments of Workforce Solutions and Tourism have created a reimbursement program for training assistance to support businesses in the hospitality industry. Funding is available to assist eligible businesses with their qualified new hires or promotions of staff that need training to be successful in their career path. Requirements and details on qualifying positions are listed below. This program will cover 16 weeks of training with a range of reimbursement from $816-$4,480. Please note funding is limited. Interested tourism-related employers are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Businesses must meet the following requirements to be eligible for this program:
- Must be in the hospitality industry.
- Must be located and have operations in the state of New Mexico.
- Cannot request funding for more than 10 workers per business location.
- Must submit program application within 30 days of a new hire or promotion of at least one full-time or part-time employee.
- Must be current on Unemployment Insurance taxes, penalties, and/or interest or related payment plan.
- Position(s) cannot already be subsidized by other state or federal funds.
- Must certify they are providing the trainee’s compensation and general liability coverage.
- Must allow auditing of I-9 documentation for employee eligibility purposes for a minimum of three years unless records are audited, then records will be maintained for five years.
- Must provide a complete list of individuals hired or promoted, their social security numbers, occupations, start dates, rates of pay, hours per week, and pay increases after the training if applicable.
- Must submit monthly training reimbursement certifications with required documentation as specified in signed application (e-signature).
Positions must meet the following criteria to be eligible for this program:
- Must pay at least $12.50/hr
- Can be full-time or part-time, tipped or non-tipped
- New employees must be hired or promoted within 30 days of completing the Hospitality Training Reimbursement Program application.
- Promotional employees must receive a pay increase.
- For businesses in the food service, 25% of the new hires must be tipped full-time server staff.
How to Apply
Contact a Ready NM Business Representative at 1-800-303-3599, Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm.
Have the following information ready when you call:
- Employer Account Number (EAN), Federal ID (FID) number, Unemployment Insurance (UI) Tax ID number, New Mexico Tax & Revenue CRS number
- Contact information
- Number of employees to be trained
To learn more about reimbursement rates or for more information, visit: